MDG Link for DOORS
Welcome to the Model Driven Generator (MDG) Link™ for DOORS, which provides support for linking an Enterprise Architect model to an IBM® Rational® DOORS® requirements Package.
The MDG Link for DOORS is useful when you need to perform the management of Requirements external to your Model Driven Development. Using this Add-In you can interchange requirements defined within IBM DOORS with the traceable Requirements used within Enterprise Architect's Requirements Management features.
The MDG Link for DOORS supports these features:
- Objects from IBM® Rational® DOORS®
- Object attributes from IBM® Rational® DOORS®
- Links between objects
- External links (attachments)
- Requirements and Use Cases
- Element properties and Tagged Values
- Connectors between elements
- Of IBM® Rational® DOORS® requirements and Enterprise Architect elements through import and export (or vice-versa)
Obtaining the MDG Link for DOORS
For all Enterprise Architect editions other than Ultimate, you can purchase the MDG Link for DOORS separately and download the installer from the Sparx Systems website. The product pages on the website provide:
- A product overview
- A video demonstration of the product
- Pricing and purchasing information
- System requirements for the product
- A trial version of the product to explore for 30 days
When you purchase the product, you will receive download and installation instructions by email.
The Enterprise Architect Ultimate edition includes a licence for the MDG Link for DOORS, although you download the Link installer from the Sparx Systems website and execute it separately.
Enable MDG Link for DOORS
When you have installed the MDG Link for DOORS, and before you can access its facilities, you must enable the product for use.
- In Enterprise Architect, select the 'Specialize > Add-Ins > Manage-Addin' ribbon option.
- Against the 'DoorsEASync' entry, select the 'Load on Startup' checkbox.
- Click on the .