Welcome to TOGAF in Enterprise Architect
Welcome to The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) integrated with Enterprise Architect.
Using this technology, users of Enterprise Architect benefit from TOGAF within a powerful modeling environment based on open standards.
The Open Group Architecture Framework is one of the most widely accepted methods for developing enterprise architecture. TOGAF is an open framework, providing a practical, definitive and proven step-by-step method for developing and maintaining enterprise architecture.
The key to TOGAF remains a reliable, practical method - the TOGAF Architecture Development Method (ADM) - for defining business needs and developing an architecture that meets those needs, applying the elements of TOGAF and other architectural assets available to the organization.
TOGAF embodies the concept of the Enterprise Continuum to reflect different levels of abstraction in an architecture development process. In this way TOGAF facilitates understanding and co-operation between actors at different levels. It provides a context for the use of multiple frameworks, models, and architecture assets in conjunction with the TOGAF ADM. By means of the Enterprise Continuum, architects are encouraged to leverage all other relevant architectural resources and assets, in addition to the TOGAF Foundation Architecture, in developing an organization-specific IT architecture.
For detailed information on TOGAF itself, visit the TOGAF website.
Benefits of TOGAF
- Helps align business processes and IT to the business strategies and goals
- Provides support for all the phases in the ADM
- Provides support for OMG's Business Motivation Model
- Provides support for the Architecture Content Model
- Provides support for visual modeling of As-Is and To-Be architecture
- Provides support for modeling all four architecture domains specific to TOGAF (Business, Application, Data and Technology)
- Provides support for the report generation of TOGAF work products
- Provides the Open Group's TOGAF 9 deliverable templates as Linked Document templates
- Provides out-of-box FEAF reference models
- A visual clickable Interface for ADM
- Useful starter model to help you become productive quickly
- UML profiles for FEAF Business, Performance, Service and Technical Reference Models
- Efficient relationship management for model artifacts with Enterprise Architect's Relationship Matrix and Hierarchy View
- Links to external files, audit log and report generation features of Enterprise Architect, providing additional capability for maintaining and managing your enterprise architecture
- A TOGAF-specific Glossary for the technology
For instructions on how to start using TOGAF, see Getting Started with TOGAF and Using TOGAF.