Author Topic: Call behavior Activity (CBA) element  (Read 49 times)

tzafrir

• EA User
    • View Profile
Call behavior Activity (CBA) element
« on: December 08, 2018, 08:08:35 am »
Hi,

I am trying to create a call behavior element, connect it to a certain diagram and place on another diagram for it to be used.

I tried creating it with EA.element but it did not give me the element I needed.
Assuming I have the diagram that it needs to connect to and the package that it should sit in,
can someone please advise how to create (AddNew) such element?

Already tried:
EA.element  newAction = toBePlacedPkg.Elements.AddNew("new name", "Action");

Thanks,
Tzafrir

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: Call behavior Activity (CBA) element
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 09:22:38 am »
You need to create an entry in t_xref (I posted it earlier here; but of course finding something here except spam is difficult). An entry in t_ref is needed.

Code: [Select]
XrefID;Name;Type;Visibility;Namespace;Requirement;Constraint;Behavior;Partition;Description;Client;Supplier;Link;

{C5FA3A83-3432-4f14-AB5D-3D098AAF6E04};CustomProperties;element property;Public; ; ; ; ;0;@PROP=@NAME=kind@ENDNAME;@TYPE=ActionKind@ENDTYPE;@VALU=CallBehavior@ENDVALU;@PRMT=@ENDPRMT;@ENDPROP;;{EC627A0C-E58A-41fb-91E8-73E10B4927A4};<none>; ;

q.

tzafrir

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 08:06:07 am »
Hi,

I didnt understand you answer.
Let me ask the question again.
I have created a new element, and I have the diagramId of the diagram the call behavior should connect to.
How do I make that connection?
Meaning, where do I put is the connection in t_xref data between the new cba element I have created and the diagramid?

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 09:41:17 am »
Yes, you need to create such an entry in t_xref to make it a CallBehavior. Try with an empty EAP and run the SQL against t_xref to find out which eaguids are referenced in the t_xref. It's quite obvious. There is no way around going to EAs tables since the API does not help you here.

q.