Author Topic: How to make User Data Entry Form?  (Read 195 times)

GeistBW

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
How to make User Data Entry Form?
« on: February 13, 2019, 08:02:54 am »
Please help this novice...

Up until this point I've only been creating various diagrams and functions of Sparx.  But now I've been asked to create a type of User Data Entry form, basically I have a Waiver Form (currently in Word) that I need to recreate with/in Sparx.  I am struggling how and where to get started.  I'm trying to find a way to present a "form" of some type, some how, so an individual can start filling answering the questions that are presented.  Currently, there are just large text boxes, drop down lists, dates, and checkboxes that are needed. I'm using EA Sparx v14.1 Ultimate Edition.  I am working off my laptop for now but will be moving to full server version very soon.

If there are any links or info that anyone can provide a novice to get started, I would be grateful. I was hoping to find some how to examples/instructions, but I must not be using the correct terminology or something.

To begin with, I'm asked to get the Form itself "into" Sparx. Then, from what I've read about templates, I can use a Waiver template to produce the official looking form. There are plans to grow the process out, but I need to accomplish the User Data Entry form first.

Thanx

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: How to make User Data Entry Form?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 09:12:41 am »
Not sure what you're after. Wireframe or a "real" form?

q.

Sunshine

• EA User
  • Its the results that count
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 09:20:49 am »
Create a diagram using either "wire framing" or "user interface - simple" and you get a canvas with a toolbox of UI components to use. The User Interface Simple is for windows forms and wireframing  for web or mobile UI.
Happy to help
:)

GeistBW

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 09:43:57 am »
For now, I am going to try for a "real" user interface as that is the simple kind. So any good resources you can point me to get a jump start?

I do feel I will need to try and move it to the wire frame later at some point (and we will have a fully functioning server later as we expand out).  So any guidance on this would be very appreciated also.
Thanx

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 10:59:44 am »
Still clueless what you're actually trying to achieve :-/

q.

GeistBW

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 04:43:18 am »
What I'm looking to achieve is to get resources that will give me information on how to create/design User Interfaces in Sparx and even some examples I can follow/practice with.  I have a project that requires me to be able to create these.
I also, want to gather resources and examples of how to create/design wire frames for web pages in Sparx. I need to learn how to do these functions in a short amount of time.

Thanx

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 07:52:09 am »
So you want to extend EA's UI? There's a way to add your own forms for data entry. The dialogs of EA itself are not configurable (unfortunately). I'd recommend to foster  Geert's github. There might be some useful stuff for you. At least you get an intro to writing an add-in which is a pre-requisite to creating own dialogs.

q.