Author Topic: EAToolkit / EATutorial / Update  (Read 2526 times)

Steve_Straley

• EA User
    • View Profile
EAToolkit / EATutorial / Update
« on: April 23, 2002, 01:10:42 pm »
Hi Y'all,

Well, we finally made the changes to our web site to support server side includes and are getting things back on even keel.

With that in mind, we're happy to announce the following:

The release of EATookit version 1.1.   We've included lots of new reports and features.  This version REMAINS a FREE utility for anyone using EA.

The release of EATutorial.  We've added a couple of new chapters.  One chapter now covers all of the dockable VIEW options, each of the data entry windows, table formats, and AUTHOR / OBJECT_IT associations.   The other chapter is the start of the complete EAP table descriptions and associations.

Both items including a new EA Process page (additional software) can be viewed at:

http://www.world-eit.net/ea/index.shtm

Please make sure that you use the "shtm" extension.

Again, hope this helps people and the EA community.  

Sincerely,

Steve Straley
CTO - World-eIT, Inc.
Steve Straley

Bernd Duerrer

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: EAToolkit / EATutorial / Update
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2002, 01:58:06 am »
Hi Steve,

I just tried to install the toolkit, but I ran into the following problems:

1. During installation the setup program complained that DLLs CATO3NBR.DLL and CAVORT20.DLL could not be found.

2. When starting EAToolKit, it complains that VOJET25.DLL can not be found and does not continue.

I use Windows2000 SP2.

Regards,

Bernd

Tjerk

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2002, 02:29:10 am »
Hi Bernd,

I ran into the same problem. It seems that the new download is a patch to the 1.0 installation (which includes the DLLs). It would be nice if Steve would include that download on his website.

And Steve, the versions mentioned do not match. The site says version 1.1 is out, while the download says 1.0. But the software tells me its version 1.01. Might be wise to sync all of these. This also happens to your documentation (you now have two 1.1 versions of AppDevEA.pdf).

Greetings,
Tjerk

Steve_Straley

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2002, 02:43:10 am »
Bernd,

>>I just tried to install the toolkit, but I ran into the following >>problems:
>>
>>1. During installation the setup program complained that >>DLLs CATO3NBR.DLL and CAVORT20.DLL could not be found.

Hmmm... could you see if those files are in the same directory with the EAToolkiT.EXE program?

>>2. When starting EAToolKit, it complains that VOJET25.DLL >>can not be found and does not continue.

Did you get into the program and as it started to load this error message appear?   If the RT20.DLL file (above) is missing I would think it wouldn't even get this far... hmmm..  Could you see if the above file is in the directory as well.

Let me know here or directly at my email address.

Thanks and sorry for the gliches,

Steve
Steve Straley

Steve_Straley

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2002, 02:46:58 am »
Hi TJerk,

>>I ran into the same problem. It seems that the new >>download is a patch to the 1.0 installation (which includes >>the DLLs). It would be nice if Steve would include that >>download on his website.

No, this is not a "patch" version.  It is however using a new installer program to set up registry and things like that.   For the rest of the bugs, please see my response to Bernd and let me know if the files are there or aren't.

>>And Steve, the versions mentioned do not match. The site >>says version 1.1 is out, while the download says 1.0. But >>the software tells me its version 1.01. Might be wise to >>sync all of these. This also happens to your documentation >>(you now have two 1.1 versions of AppDevEA.pdf).

Thanks.. I'll double check the "wording" on the web site.   I think I'll go back to the old days and just have version numbers matching the season of the year (inside joke for those who remember what I'm referring to  :-* )

Thanks again,

Steve
Steve Straley

Bernd Duerrer

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2002, 03:01:24 am »
Thanks, Steve and Tjerk, for your quick response!

I also had the download of version 1.0 of the toolkit, but I had not installed it yet: So I first installed version 1.0 and afterwards version 1.1. The problems I mentioned in my previous post did not occur this time: The three DLLs are now in the same directory as EAToolKit.EXE.

Cheers,

Bernd

Dave Warner

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2002, 01:45:36 pm »
>>Thanks.. I'll double check the "wording" on the web site.   I >>think I'll go back to the old days and just have version >>numbers matching the season of the year (inside joke for >>those who remember what I'm referring to   )

Ahhhh...so you ARE that Steve Straley! (The 'CAVO' files in EA Toolkit should have tipped me off earlier...) Thanks for all your work on the EA Toolkit, and for your work in the past - I cut my programming teeth on Clipper.

Steve_Straley

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2002, 06:54:06 am »
Bernd,

Ok... thanks... I'll check the profile in GKSetup to make sure the files are included.  I'm clearing out another computer to re-test all of this to make sure it goes this time.   Hopefully I'll have that finished today along with the naming conventions on the links.

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks, Steve and Tjerk, for your quick response!

I also had the download of version 1.0 of the toolkit, but I had not installed it yet: So I first installed version 1.0 and afterwards version 1.1. The problems I mentioned in my previous post did not occur this time: The three DLLs are now in the same directory as EAToolKit.EXE.

Cheers,

Bernd

Steve Straley

Steve_Straley

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2002, 07:04:00 am »
Dave,

Heaven forbid I haven't a clue to what you mean <rofl>.  CAVO is the last com program I use... most of my guys haven't time for little utilities and all so for something quick and dirty, VO is adequate (especially for parsing and HTML output).

And by the way, thanks for the kind words... I'm trying to help out EA as we push EA to its fullest here... sort of like the good ol' Clipper days.

Again, many thanks for remembering!!!

Cheers,

Steve

>>Thanks.. I'll double check the "wording" on the web site.   I >>think I'll go back to the old days and just have version >>numbers matching the season of the year (inside joke for >>those who remember what I'm referring to   )

Ahhhh...so you ARE that Steve Straley! (The 'CAVO' files in EA Toolkit should have tipped me off earlier...) Thanks for all your work on the EA Toolkit, and for your work in the past - I cut my programming teeth on Clipper.
Steve Straley