Author Topic: EAToolkiT 1.01  (Read 1401 times)

Steve_Straley

• EA User
    • View Profile
EAToolkiT 1.01
« on: May 02, 2002, 08:47:52 am »
Hi Y'All,

First, my sincere apology for all the problems with the last release.  I'm going to have to double / tripple check everthing before releasing.   To those that pointed out problems, many many THANKS and let me know if the current process has any hickups.

Here's what's new...

We changed BACK to the original installation program.  This is not what I want to use and until I can get GKSetup to recognize certain files we'll have to stick with it.   This means that the "file not found" messages should not appear during the installation process.

We added a small dialog window for non-registered users the number of times and date expiration left with the product.  This should not appear for registered users.

The WORLDEIT@yahoo.com email address should NOW be activated.   Eventually, this will move to dedicated email addresses with XXXXX@world-eit.com.  That will come down the road.

On some slower machines there was a NULL_PTR error when the application terminated.  I doubt if anyone is running a 233 mghz machine but that's where we discovered the problem.  Hopefully, this has been corrected as well.

The download file is back to .ZIP format.

I also want to personally thank Gary Wong and others with checking on the EATutorial.   We're moving along with the USE CASE and scenario chapter and should have another update shortly.

Again, thank you all and do let me know if there are any new problems.

Thanks,

Steve
Steve Straley

ronnie

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: EAToolkiT 1.01
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2002, 03:46:33 pm »
Think the tutorial is great - I did intend on sending you some feedback, but you know how it gets  ???

I am looking forward to the next installments and getting down to some detail - will hopefully give you some feedback then.

Ah - one thing, the pdf seems to be getting rather large - it might be a good idea to keep the chapters seperate for manageability and downloadability.

Ronnie
Ronnie

Steve_Straley

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: EAToolkiT 1.01
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2002, 04:36:40 pm »
Ronnie,

Thank you for the kind words!

Please do send your comments and editorial comments to me when you get the time... and yes, I do know how that goes! :-)

I am beginning to see the size creep on the PDF size and will be looking at how to best break this down into several links.  I'm thinking that if I can break the TOC and reference other PDF files and each chapter separate, things should be ok.  I don't know how the paging will work within <yuck> Word if I separate this now.   I'll look into switching over to Master Document and see if I can break it down.

Again, thanks!

Steve

Think the tutorial is great - I did intend on sending you some feedback, but you know how it gets  ???

I am looking forward to the next installments and getting down to some detail - will hopefully give you some feedback then.

Ah - one thing, the pdf seems to be getting rather large - it might be a good idea to keep the chapters seperate for manageability and downloadability.

Ronnie
Steve Straley