Author Topic: Database Datatypes  (Read 646 times)

fares1

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Database Datatypes
« on: March 19, 2003, 10:51:26 am »
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with using the custom Database Datatypes to configure dll output acceptible for common/basic databases (file=table) such as: DBase or Paradox files ?
The project I'm working on will ultimately be delivered to 10s of thousands of users and will need to connect to a variety of databases;  For the small stand-alone users, I was considering a cheap or royalty free database format such as DBase or Pardox tables.
Aside from distribution, I would imagine that using these dbs would be desirable for quick, down-and-dirty, prototyping of models.

I have not been able to get Constraints or Primary keys to output properly for either of the two dbs mentioned above.

I'm going to return to the help file to see if there's something I'm missing, but if anyone has already created a working DBase or Pardox table custom Database Datatypes, it would be greatly appreciated if someone was willing to send me an empty model with the proper datatypes.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2003, 11:37:35 am by fares1 »
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster and when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you."