Author Topic: HTML Report keyword field  (Read 887 times)

Savannah

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
HTML Report keyword field
« on: May 07, 2007, 04:35:36 am »
I posted a question similiar to this one before regarding the keyword field and .rtf reports.  I would now like to be able to have information that I enter in the keyword field print in an .html report.  I've created my own .html template with the fields that I want, but I can't find any field that will print information from the keyword field.  What field does this show up in so I can have my keyword information available on my html documentation.  I don't see anyhing regarding {element.tag} which was the keyword field for an .rtf report.  Thank you.

«Midnight»

• EA Guru
  • That nice Mister Grey
    • View Profile
Re: HTML Report keyword field
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 06:14:13 am »
As I remember it (dimly, that is) there was a question a very long time ago about where and how EA stored the Keyword field.

I think the answer was something along the answer of it being a bit of an orphan, and stored in one of the miscellaneous data fields.

You could probably query the field - once you found the correct one - via an add-in. However, my best guess - and this really is a guess - is that you are out of luck if you are using the report generators, since I don't think they can view (let alone manipulate) these fields.

I'd be delighted to find out I'm wrong about this one, so if anyone from Sparx (or whatever) has some way to get around this please set me right.

David
No, you can't have it!