Author Topic: Has "Package Control" changed with version 14?  (Read 705 times)

DanaMaxwell

• EA User
    • View Profile
Has "Package Control" changed with version 14?
« on: September 07, 2018, 02:08:55 am »
Hi All,

This could be a user issue but when I was running v13 Evaluation Package Control did not require a version control tool. I now have a licensed version of 14 but when I use the context menu Package Control I only get "Import Model Branch" and "Version Control Settings" where in the past (on version 13.5), on the same model I had the option to "Control Package".

A coworker has a v13.5 install and he appears to have option to control the package without having configured SVN, etc.

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
Re: Has "Package Control" changed with version 14?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 09:40:55 am »
Hi All,

This could be a user issue but when I was running v13 Evaluation Package Control did not require a version control tool. I now have a licensed version of 14 but when I use the context menu Package Control I only get "Import Model Branch" and "Version Control Settings" where in the past (on version 13.5), on the same model I had the option to "Control Package".

A coworker has a v13.5 install and he appears to have the option to control the package without having configured SVN, etc.
It's been moved.  I had to go look for it a couple of days ago.  I'm not sure where it is in the Ribbon structure, but if you type package control into that little Find Command... box on the Ribbon bar, it will pop out...

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

DanaMaxwell

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 11:15:41 pm »
Yes, I have found this previously but the options seem to have changed.

Previously I could keep two (or more) different versions of a package within the model. Now it seems the only options are to export to xml or get a source control tool such as SVN.

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 12:59:17 am »
Yes, I have found this previously but the options seem to have changed.

Previously I could keep two (or more) different versions of a package within the model. Now it seems the only options are to export to xml or get a source control tool such as SVN.

Do you mean baselines?
I don't think anything has changed to the functionality. They just went and hid it somewhere else.

Geert

DanaMaxwell

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 01:50:48 am »
Yes, that is the term/command I was trying to find. Thanks...

Not sure why they would have removed it (or I can't find it) in the context menu. The online user manual is not accurate from what I can tell.

From the help system:

Ribbon
Design > Package > Edit > Manage Baselines > Manage Baselines

Context Menu
Right-click on Package > Package Control > Package Baselines

Keyboard Shortcuts
Ctrl+Alt+B