Author Topic: Model Document  (Read 1652 times)

PhilR

• EA User
    • View Profile
Model Document
« on: August 16, 2007, 09:06:35 pm »
I have followed the instructions for model documents in the help file but when I generate an .rtf report I get details of the model document class itself not the packages I have included in the class.

Probably obvious but enlighten me :-)

Jan Pacovsky

• EA User
  • I just love EA... ;-)
    • View Profile
Re: Model Document
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 11:16:37 pm »
Maybe you are running document generation feature on a package (in this case EA generates description of model document class). You have to select model document class in project browser and then run Rich Text format report.

PhilR

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 06:43:47 pm »
Which of course is only available from the Project menu when you select a model element as opposed to a package!

I have been right-clicking on the class in the project browser and assuming that there is no option to run the .rtf report generator for an individual model elelement.

Jan Pacovsky

• EA User
  • I just love EA... ;-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 07:06:18 am »
When I first tried model document feature I had the same difficulties. I'm pleased I could help.  ;)

RoyC

• EA Administrator
  • EA Practitioner
  • Read The Help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 02:02:19 pm »
Hi

For Release 7.0, in the EA Help topic on Virtual Documents (the conceptual view of Model Documents) the instruction is to click on the element in the diagram. See:

http://www.sparxsystems.com.au/EAUserGuide/index.html?generatethedocument.htm

You can also generate an RTF report on specific elements using the Element List or Model Search output. See

http://www.sparxsystems.com.au/EAUserGuide/index.html?createarichtextdocument.htm

However, that topic should also include a bullet item to say that you can click on an element in a diagram and select the Element | Rich Text Format option. I have just added it.

HTH

Roy
Best Regards, Roy