Author Topic: Duplicate Object Properties  (Read 1531 times)

Steve Wartik

• EA User
  • Why aren't I outside?
    • View Profile
Duplicate Object Properties
« on: October 22, 2007, 11:15:32 am »
I'm working with the database representation of a class model I've developed. Some of the tags are repeated in the t_objectproperties table.  That is, the rows are identical except for the PropertyID column.  I might expect this kind of behavior if I was using versions, but it happens when I import an XMI file.  It doesn't show up anywhere in the user interface: the tag has exactly one value, just as I'd expect.  If I export the model back to XMI, the file contains (roughly):

<tags>
 <tag xmi:id="xxx" rest/>
</tags>

That is, the tags are duplicated.  The ID is identical in all 4 instances.  Is this a bug or a feature?  If a feature, how do I determine the tag's current value?

«Midnight»

• EA Guru
  • That nice Mister Grey
    • View Profile
Re: Duplicate Object Properties
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 01:50:23 am »
If the "xxx" value is the same in multiple instances this is a bug - the XMI file is invalid (although well formed).

If this is the case then report this bug to Sparx directly. Use the Report a Bug link below the Support link at the bottom of any forum page.

Please search my recent posts for a best practice to use when sending a bug report or feature request to keep everyone in the loop.

David
No, you can't have it!

Steve Wartik

• EA User
  • Why aren't I outside?
    • View Profile
Re: Duplicate Object Properties
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 05:01:05 am »
David,

Thanks for your response. I don't think the problem is in the XMI file, though. I have tried importing an XMI file that is valid (I'm pretty sure...), then exporting the model to another XMI file.  The new file is invalid.  Moreover, when I example the .EAP file using Microsoft Access, I find that the t_objectproperties table has duplicates.

I've submitted a bug report. It includes an XMI file you can use to reproduce the problem.

I appreciate your guidance.  Good luck.

Steve