Author Topic: Enterprise Architect User Guide  (Read 599 times)

rochlemire

• EA Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Enterprise Architect User Guide
« on: November 23, 2007, 08:30:49 am »
Hello, I'm looking to buy a hard copy (colour) of the Enterprise Architect User Guide pdf.
Would anyone happen to know where I can get this and for how much?  Sparx does not sell it.  If so, please email me.

thomaskilian

Re: Enterprise Architect User Guide
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 12:06:49 pm »
Haven't got a printer? Or a copy shop?

dbax

• EA User
  • One EA To Rule Them All
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 01:25:29 pm »
The only problem with having a hard copy of EA user guide is the fact that it would be out of synch at the release of the next major build (i.e. 7.1) as new features will inevitably come.
I have used EA's user guide, in PDF format of course, and placed on the network share for my team to refer to. What we have done then is to take some excerpts from the guide itself and created a "mini" EA manual for existing and the new team members' orientation, which was printed in colour. That way we only update the subset if applicable due to new features.
I hope this gives some ideas.

RoyC

• EA Administrator
  • EA Practitioner
  • Read The Help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 01:37:31 pm »
You can download and print the EA User Guide PDF at any time from the Sparx Systems website. It is updated for each minor release as well as each major release.

As DBAX says, you might have a lot of print-out that quickly becomes out of date; even if the only change is a small set of tweaks, the page numbers of topics become out of date fast. It would perhaps be better if you used the search and index on the online release help distributed with the product, and also used the Help buttons either on any dialog or in the EA Toolbars, and explored upwards to the more general topics as required.

Anyway, the point is that the PDF for the user guide is freely available from the website, if you want to print it yourself or give the file to a printshop.
Best Regards, Roy

RoyC

• EA Administrator
  • EA Practitioner
  • Read The Help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 09:49:01 pm »
Did rochlemire manage to print off the EA User Guide PDF? Another user reported a problem with embedded fonts.

If the need is urgent, I can email the updated PDF. However, we will soon be releasing EA 7.1, so you could wait a short while for that version to hit the website.

HTH
Best Regards, Roy