Author Topic: Does Sparx sell paid support?  (Read 507 times)

danm

• EA User
    • View Profile
Does Sparx sell paid support?
« on: December 05, 2007, 08:46:17 am »
We get free support with a license purchase, does Sparx have a paid support option?

dbax

• EA User
  • One EA To Rule Them All
    • View Profile
Re: Does Sparx sell paid support?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 11:24:47 am »
If you think person-to-person call support I am not sure if they do. However, if you do have an issue and you require support you email it to their support department and they'll address it. Actually, in my experience, they're pretty good with that.
Additionally, it is highly likely that this forum can help you even before your problem becomes a problem that deserves attention of Sparx support team. Many people here have great knowledge of EA and have been very fast and helpful with their advices.

danm

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 12:14:37 pm »
Sounds good. I wasn't sure as I submitted a bug (the Crossover CPU spin), which I *think* may be an easy fix, but I haven't heard back and there's not a support ticket system where I can track the status.

«Midnight»

• EA Guru
  • That nice Mister Grey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 04:27:15 pm »
They will usually get back to you if they have problems reproducing the bug, if they need additional information, or if there is a workaround.

Unfortunately, you'll only find a ticket number if they do get back to you. As you've noticed, the bug report process does not give you a ticket number, either on submission or in the confirmation email. We've requested a change to this often, thus far without effect.

BTW, sometimes Sparx will send you a note confirming that a bug has been resolved, and an indication of when the solution will appear (the next build, some future version or whatever). This is not guaranteed though; so check the release notes for new builds if you are waiting. The release notes are usually pretty comprehensive. You'll find the release notes in the Latest News section, with the notice that the new build is available.

David
No, you can't have it!