Author Topic: Constant Source Control Hit  (Read 998 times)

mvinca

• EA User
    • View Profile
Constant Source Control Hit
« on: April 28, 2010, 02:05:06 am »
I have a model that I have under SVN source control. All I'm doing is moving model elements into packages underneath this model. Everything I do that, SVN is being called. Can anybody tell me why? What is it doing? I know SVN is being called because if I drop the network connection, I get the SVN errors associated with not being able to find the repo.

ChrisBD

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Constant Source Control Hit
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 12:37:29 am »
Have you set up for auto check-in/check-out?
If you have then its doing what it should.

When you are using a third party version control system every package that you produce has a corresponding XMI file. This XMI file is stored within your VC system (SubVersion in your case).

All of the XMI files store their associated package, relationships with other model elements.

Whenever you move a package its relationships will change and along with it the XMI will change.

I do not know how you are moving items within the model. Are you dragging them between root nodes? If so then it will need to create a new VC entry in the destination node and mark the entry within the source node as deleted.

mvinca

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Constant Source Control Hit
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 09:15:12 pm »
Where is this setting for auto check-in/check-out? I don't see it under Package Control->Configure or Package Control->Version Control Settings.

I am dragging them between packages that are underneath the same root package. (from the 2nd level deep to the 3rd or 4th level deep)