Author Topic: Requirement Realization in SysML  (Read 898 times)

vishesh kumar

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Requirement Realization in SysML
« on: November 10, 2010, 04:07:43 pm »
I am trying to model an electric motor using SysML. One of my requirements is to maintain certain gap between the stator and rotor assembly. I captured this requirement in the requirements model. I have made a link between the stator and rotor block in the structural model and put a stereotype of "clearance" on the link.

Now I am not able to understand how to let the model know that this link between the stator and rotor satisfied the clearance requirement.

Any help on how to do this would be appreciated.

Thanks
~Vishesh

philchudley

• EA User
  • UML/EA Principal Consultant / Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Requirement Realization in SysML
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 08:05:12 pm »
Hi Vishesh

If my telling the model that the requirement is statisfied, then the internal tools that are supplied with EA (Model Validation, RTF generator), then the only link that works is a UML::Realiaztion with no stereotypes  :(

According to SyML it should be a UML::Realization with a <<statisfies>> stereotype

If you do wish to use you own links and stereotypes, then EA will still know the elements are related, and you can use the Connectors check box during RTF output to produce your requirements reports

The realtionship matrix should still be able to show your links between the various elements

Hope this helps

Cheers

Phil
follow me on Twitter

@SparxEAGuru

vishesh kumar

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Requirement Realization in SysML
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 08:29:58 pm »
Hello Phil,

Thanks for your reply. However, it is still not clear to me. Let me try to explain my problem again.

I have a interface requirement that calls for providing some clearance between two parts (A and B). In SysML, I have captured these parts using Block elements. In the internal block dirgram, I have connected the two BlockProperty (A and B) with a connector and added a stereotype "clearnace."

Now the fact that I have a connector with stereotype "clearance" is the only evidence that I have satisfied the interface requirement. Neither BlockProperty for A nor BlockProperty for B satisfies the requirement.

Now how can I let the model know that I have actually put a connector between A and B (in turn fulfilling the requirement).

I do not see how to put the UML::Realization link between the requirement and the connector.

~Vishesh