Author Topic: Many issues happened on generating the code !!!  (Read 1440 times)

morris

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Many issues happened on generating the code !!!
« on: November 04, 2010, 01:43:18 pm »
I bought a Ultimate Version from EA, but can't have a nice

using experience when use EA especially for it's code

generating function. [size=14]Many Bugs !!![/size]

I would like to know if anyone has the same feeling as me, or

if you have good experience or feeling, also appreciate sharing

your experience to me.

• For Example

When you generate the state machine behavior, you could see
a compile error happened. Once you review the code , could
found there is lack of ";" in generated code.

You have to open the Code Template File, and add the ";" in
your code template file, then the issue will be solved.

[highlight][size=12]The code generation can't be trusted!! It's just beta version!! Not release version!! Why you still sell it !![/size][/highlight]

--------------------------------------------

To SPARX systmes, [highlight]we are not your QA Tester !!!![/highlight]

You spent me lots of time on debugging your issuse !!!

[highlight]So regret to buy it !!![/highlight]

Maybe the Telelogic Rhapsody is always the best one !!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 01:54:37 pm by morrispan »

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Many issues happened on generating the code !!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 03:25:29 pm »
Hello morris,

I'm sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with the code generation.

Please be aware that this is primarily a user forum, however if you would like to send in a bug report to Sparx Systems then I'm sure we will be able to assist you.  When you do submit a bug report please include the language being generated and an example of a state machine that is incorrect.

Perhaps some details of other issues you have experienced would also help.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 03:28:09 pm by simonm »
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com

morris

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 01:52:32 am »

Dear Simon, still thanks for your reply.

Already posted the bug to your support system and they said some behavior features are [highlight]actually still not implemented yet as well as no any schedule on it.[/highlight]

If you are me, what you can do advanced ? I just could say I am not a lucky user, right ?

Anyway, thanks.

skiwi

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 06:54:40 am »
Morris
I'm not sure [highlight]shouting [/highlight]will help.
If you were to, using a separate post for each issue, describe the features you find missing or incomplete, you might be surprised by the support available in the community.
If you constructively then report bugs/feature requests, the community might well support these by adding their own reports and requests.
Orthogonality rules
Using EA15.1 (1526) on Windows 10 Enterprise/64 bit. Repositories in SQLServer2014 R2 & Access2003/JET4.0

morris

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 01:42:12 pm »
skiwi

Thanks for your reply.

Shouting was after reporting. That means, already tried the way you said "[highlight][size=12]with polite[/size][/highlight]". They replied " 1.) no schedule for it  , 2.) The features are not finished ".

Ridiculous [ch65281][ch65281]It's a kind of cheating for buyers!!

Any, I will try to find a way to balance my fxxking depression and they should take all responsibility themselves.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 01:43:21 pm by morrispan »

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 03:56:08 pm »
Morris,

I've looked up your support request and the response you received.

You had two issues, first was the lack of handling for triggers of type Call and Signal.  This is a documented restriction, although I agree that EA could have been nicer in this restriction than simply generating invalid code.  (For example generating a TODO.)

Second, EA doesn't perform synchronization for behavioral models.  Synchronization is only available for class models.

I understand that you are feeling very angry, however I would appreciate your self-restraint in the ways that you express that.  You obviously believe that we have advertised features which are incomplete.  Personally, I don't believe that to be the case.  Yes, probably every area of EA has things that could be improved or things added to it.  That doesn't mean that they are incomplete in their current state.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 04:03:04 pm by simonm »
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 05:55:58 pm »
Morris,

I suggest you go and buy a competing product (for 10 to 20 times the license price) and compare both the products features, as the responsiveness of the support department.

I've worked with other CASE tools in the past, and I promise you that if you have a depression now, you'll probably jump off a bridge real soon after that experience.

It's not that EA is perfect, far from, but I sincerely think it is one of the best products out there, especially if you're talking price/quality ratio.
One of the best aspects of EA is its support team, who are working very hard to make all of us happy, and they don't deserve the kind of attitude you're expressing.

So please, eather grow up, and act like a decent adult, or go away.

Thanks

Geert

morris

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 11:16:27 pm »
Dear Simon and Geerts, thanks for your reply, especially realize my situation on it.

I suppose you both are RD engineer also. If one issue let you spend almost 1 week without sleeping well, and find that issue should not belong to you in the long run, maybe the angry on you will exceed than me.

I already tried my best on expressing about this case with best polite!

What's more, I don't think it's a good policy you could tell your customer that "no schedule on it" or "the feature is still not implemented ".

I worked for microsoft software support team for 7 years before. It's impossible you could say that in such kinds of way.
Seems the EA FAE team and PM team still need to some professional training.

Maybe it's my personal feeling on the comment for using EA, and any others feel it's good, I still don't feel it's advantage till now.

Just put my angry on the issue rather than your characteristics, if let you unhappy, I do apologize!

Best Regards
Morris
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 11:22:24 pm by morrispan »