Author Topic: Datatype issue importing DB schema from Advantage  (Read 816 times)

Neil M

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Datatype issue importing DB schema from Advantage
« on: December 07, 2010, 09:44:13 pm »
Hi, new to EA, my first post... I'm using EA 8 build 864.

I'm importing a DB schema from Advantage Database Server via an ODBC link.  The import works fine, pulling the tables, columns and indexes.

However I have a problem with the data types of the columns.  If I view the columns of a table, the columns are listed fine and have the correct type (e.g. long, varchar, etc).  But if try to edit a column, the Data Type drop-down is empty, and there are no available options for it.  I can't edit the data types, basically.

In the Table Detail tab for the tables, I notice that the DB Version is empty.  I set up an Advantage product with some datatypes in Settings | Database Datatypes, but if I try to edit DB Version in the Table Detail tab I can't -- I can't click in to the field.

Is there a way to get these datatypes editable?

Neil M

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Datatype issue importing DB schema from Advant
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 09:52:27 pm »
Oh, spoke too soon...  :)

I see now that I can edit the database via the General tab of the table properties.  If I do this, I can edit the data types successfully.

However -- is there a way to get this Database type to be set automatically during the import?