Author Topic: BPM workflow engine recommandation  (Read 1507 times)

Guillaume

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • www.umlchannel.com
BPM workflow engine recommandation
« on: February 05, 2014, 06:46:16 pm »
Hi,

We have a number of BPMN2 diagrams maintained in EA that we need to execute via a BPM workflow engine. This way we can start and follow several instances of the same process.

I read Sparx whitepaper on using EA tasks and resources, however our client requires an Open Source workflow engine.
I'm looking for any experience with EA BPMN2 diagrams and one of the workflow engine that's available.

Thanks
Guillaume
Guillaume

Blog: www.umlchannel.com | Free utilities addin: www.eautils.com

Guillaume

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • www.umlchannel.com
Re: BPM workflow engine recommandation
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 04:30:36 am »
Hi,

Having done a bit of research, I realise that I need to refine my requirement.
I've got a number of business processes modelled in BPMN2 diagrams in an EA project. Those processes involve human tasks to be performed with a number of tools are available to the users.
Process example :
Start -> Execute TaskA in toolA (by role 1) -> Execute TaskB in toolB (by role 2) -> IF resultC THEN Execute TaskD in toolB (by role 2) ELSE END

Several instances of the same process must be started in parallel.
The aim is to track the progress on each instance of a process.
If ProcessInstanceA starts, the first activity is allocated to UserA ; UserA is notified by mail and acknowledges that he started this activity.
Once this activity is done, UserA updates the progress on the current process (using to EA if possible or any engine that tracks progress on the process), and assigns the next task to UserB.

Does it make any sense? Can I achieve this with EA or any other tool where I could export my EA BPMN2 diagrams?

Thanks
Guillaume

Blog: www.umlchannel.com | Free utilities addin: www.eautils.com

ducatiross

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: BPM workflow engine recommandation
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 08:44:16 pm »
I too would be delighted to find a workflow engine that could deliver BPMN flows designed in EA so any help here would be much appreciated.

thanks

Matthew