Author Topic: How do I get my stereotypes to show up in a matrix  (Read 1374 times)

jplusip

• EA User
    • View Profile
How do I get my stereotypes to show up in a matrix
« on: August 28, 2014, 04:32:39 am »
Specifically, I have created a UML profile and imported it into my model (even created a new MDG Technology).

So, what I want to do is use one of my stereotypes (Issues) as the Source and my other stereotype (Resolution) as the Target. On top of that, I want the link between them to be a stereotype defined in my profile (resolve).

But, when I go to make a matrix, I get none of these as options despite having the profile in my model (as well as the MDG Generated Technology). How do I fix this?

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: How do I get my stereotypes to show up in a ma
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 06:29:29 am »
I remember having read something similar recently but can't remember the conclusion (one of the Sparxians replied). Try a search.

q.

Jayson

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 07:41:23 am »
Hi there

I think the answer is in the _metatype attribute.

If you search for _metatype in the user manual, you will find a passage that states:

" The _metatype attribute is applied to a stereotype element. This is used where users want to hide the identity of an element as a stereotyped UML element. It is also a method of getting custom types to appear in contexts where only Enterprise Architect's inbuilt types would normally appear; for example in the lists of element types in the Relationship matrix"

I think this will answer you question, but haven't taken the time to check it myself.

Cheers :)

jplusip

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 10:48:12 am »
The sad fact is I actually read that page on the site before making this thread (and then used said information the exact same way the example talks about).

:-X

Thanks for the heads up (and for being more observant than me)!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:48:46 am by jplusip »

Jayson

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 10:57:53 am »
Haha!

All good. I think most of us have had those "Doh!" moments when we post a question and almost immediately stumble upon the answer.
I certainly have.

Jays  :)

jplusip

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 10:49:23 pm »
Actually, the way I used it was just to set my stereotypes to block, not to do what I wanted to do.

So your input was extremely valuable. I was just poking some fun at myself for reading that page and NOT getting my answer then.  ;D