Author Topic: Change appearance of control flows?  (Read 1035 times)

jplusip

• EA User
    • View Profile
Change appearance of control flows?
« on: September 17, 2014, 03:01:40 am »
So, I would like to be able to visually differentiate between my control flows and object flows. In theory, control flows should be a dotted line, but that isn't the case here.

Anyways, is there a way I can set a project/diagram default so that my control flows show up as a thickness "2"?

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: Change appearance of control flows?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 06:09:04 am »
I guess not (directly). You may try package templates but I don't know if they are distinct at connector level. Give it a try.

A way that works is to write an add-in that catches the OnPostNewConnector and modifies the line thickness. But it's (a bit of) work.

q.

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 08:52:53 am »
In response to what you're trying to do as opposed to your question...

So, I would like to be able to visually differentiate between my control flows and object flows. In theory, control flows should be a dotted line
Actually, it's Object Flows that were represented as a dashed line in prior to UML 2 and that SysML offers a presentation option for. (For reasons that I can't go into EA hasn't offered that presentation option to users)

The best way that I can suggest to do that is define a shape script that uses the dashed line style and apply it to your object flows. (I don't recommend doing it for control flows)
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com

jplusip

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 12:07:27 am »
In response to what you're trying to do as opposed to your question...

So, I would like to be able to visually differentiate between my control flows and object flows. In theory, control flows should be a dotted line
Actually, it's Object Flows that were represented as a dashed line in prior to UML 2 and that SysML offers a presentation option for.

I appreciate the assistance, though I have to disagree with (part of) your first comment. Page 97 (119 of the PDF) of the SysML 1.3 Specification shows control flows as having the option of a dashed line representation, object flows are on the next page and do not have that option (and in fact, appear darker, so maybe we should just have object flows appear darker, I assume I could accomplish this the same way you recommend accomplishing the dashed line approach?). I will admit however that I have no idea what UML looked like prior to 2.0.

Definitely thanks for the help though!  :) I'll look into the shape scripting.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 01:45:12 am by jplusip »