Author Topic: Risk Modelling  (Read 998 times)

auralonslaught72

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Risk Modelling
« on: October 15, 2014, 11:08:10 am »
Hi there,

I have a rather unorthodox question. Reading the EA spec sheet , the sheet claims that does Business Process Modelling and Simulation. I'm interested to know if anyone has used the software to model Risk (eg Hazard Risk Analysis).  

I'm sure there are other packages that can do it, but I'm interested in the fact that EA also has Requirements Management.  I don't want buy another piece of software if at all possible.

Just curious.

OpenIT Solutions

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Risk Modelling
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 10:16:08 pm »
Hi,

Governance Risk and Compliance modules are found in many BPM tools; they are not part of the standard BPMN specification however. Sparx doesn't explicitly support GRC out of the box.

You can however create a library of Risks and Controls - you might consider creating for example a Risk class (class with a stereotype of Risk) and a Control class. You could then form a relationship between your BPMN activities and appropriate Risk and Control classes.

This is what we have done. We took it a step further and added a new tagged values to our BPMN activities and updated the shapescript. So when we set a riskProbability or controlType (our new tagged values) an icon gets added to our BPMN activity to indicate that its a Risk or Control.

Regards,

Jon
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 10:16:49 pm by openit »

Jacob Vos

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Risk Modelling
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 05:13:57 pm »
You can model Risks also by applying the concept 'Assessment' from the ArchiMate language (the Motivation Extension).