Author Topic: Need a Requirements Management Pattern  (Read 1503 times)

GSB

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Need a Requirements Management Pattern
« on: January 24, 2015, 09:35:54 am »
I'm just starting to use EA for requirements.  What I'm trying to achieve is a repository of common requirements that I can link to different system releases which are broken up into design iterations.

The idea is that when my Systems group starts a new system we would pull from existing marketing and solutions requirements to build up the new system.  I would want to show traceability at each design iteration as well as the system release as a whole.

What do you think is the best way to achieve this?

I've played around with have a "System Release 1" requirement and then associating all of the appropriate requirements to that requirement but it just seems wrong.  Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:36:28 am by gbarrett »

Robert Sheridan

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Need a Requirements Management Pattern
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 03:03:37 am »
One option is to create a diagram for each project / release and drag the relevant reqs o  to it.
A better option is to create a package and instance the relevant reqs under it.
Both these options assume that what you are managing are non functional reqs that are reuse in projects e.g. a definition of a standard file format or GUI design standards.
I would as a general rule not expect functional requirements to be reused.

GSB

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Need a Requirements Management Pattern
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 06:09:05 am »
Thanks Robert!  I appreciate the input.  Those were directions I was heading and appreciate being validated!