Author Topic: Merging relationship matrices?  (Read 715 times)

jplusip

• EA User
    • View Profile
Merging relationship matrices?
« on: April 17, 2015, 01:44:10 am »
So I spent the past three days working in a replica, and once I sent in my work it turns out that the people that tasked me to do this had all been working in the exact same package.

Anyways, the CM guy was going to replace the current package with my package, but that would annihilate all of their work. So, is there a way to just bring over the relationships I defined and leave everything else as is?

If not, is there a way to import relationships via a spreadsheet in EA? (since my work was creating refine relationships between use cases and requirements that were originally put into a spreadsheet...).

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: Merging relationship matrices?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 04:51:02 am »
You can do that with a short script. For the desired package get all elements (recursively). Then for each element save the GUID of source and target (and what else might be of interest for the connectors like name and role) and dump that to a CSV. Vice versa import this file and create connectors with the elements of the relevant GUIDs. You can check if connectors already exist and either replace them or interact with the user to decide what to do. It's probably half a day to get it working and import the connectors.

q.