Author Topic: read only *.eap  (Read 1776 times)

Evgeny Florov

• EA User
    • View Profile
read only *.eap
« on: May 13, 2015, 02:17:26 am »
We need to give model to the customer in the form of the eap-file. Thus it is desirable to provide an invariance of the transferred model in the future. Whether there is any technical capability irrevocably to convert (to transform, change a state, to sign with the certificate, etc.) model in a look - only reading. That is so that it couldn't be changed in Enterprise Architect?

Sam Courtney

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: read only *.eap
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 02:21:59 am »
You should download the EA Lite edition from the Sparx web site.

Evgeny Florov

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 02:40:11 am »
Our customer already has the full (not lite) Enterprise Architect version. We need to protect model, but not the instrument of its viewing.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 03:17:10 am »
Turn on EA security.

q.

Evgeny Florov

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 03:50:54 am »
Thanks, I didn't know about this opportunity.
http://www.sparxsystems.com/registered/reg_ea_down.html#RoleSecurity

I have a Professional version and in it after activation of security only the options "Manage Locks", "Manage My Locks" and "Login As Another User" are available.

I correctly understand, what the decision will be?:
1. To activate safety on model in Corporate, Business and Software Engineering, Systems Engineering and Ultimate editions EA versions.
2. To create the special account for the customer with limited permissions.
3. To transfer model to the customer with the this account.

And thus the customer won't be able to remove the option Security by means of the same key which is available according to the link above?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 03:51:18 am by epflorov »

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 04:54:43 am »
Yes, that's correct. You can add own (internal to EA) users and/or import users from AD. You can(/must) assign roles to the users where you define what they are able to do in the repository (mange, edit, read, etc). There are two modes for operation: Require User Lock to Edit (RULtE) and its opposite. I recommend to use RULtE in any case as it is a good means to enhance cooperation on a shared model. When turned on you need to lock elements/packages prior to editing them. Only if you hold the lock you are able to edit. Once you got the lock, nobody else will be able to edit.

Anyhow, for you r/o customer just create a r/o user and he will be able to just read the model.

q.