Author Topic: "Master Doc" - "Package" - "Model Doc"  (Read 1025 times)

Evgeny Florov

• EA User
    • View Profile
"Master Doc" - "Package" - "Model Doc"
« on: May 18, 2015, 10:45:47 pm »
Whether there is an opportunity to make documents of various packages with different formatting at the different levels of structure of the target document?
I understand that the direct linking of masterdoc - modeldoc allows to make such configuration of the document at which sections of the document of the first level represent the packages included in modeldoc which are enclosed directly in masterdoc.
However it is required to collect the target document from various packages at the different levels of structure of the target document.
For example - target document structure:
Code: [Select]
1. Section A                     -> the Package 1
2. Section B                     - no package
2.1 The section CC           -> the Package 2
2.2 Section DD                 - no package
2.2.1 The section EEE        -> the Package 3
2.2.2 The section JJJ          -> the Package 4
3. Section H                     -> the Package 5
Attempt to include between "master doc" and "model doc" packages for the organization of the enclosed levels gave nothing -the system ceased to generate sections from modeldoc packages.

Sunshine

• EA User
  • Let's just do it
    • View Profile
Re: "Master Doc" - "Package" - "Model Doc"
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 07:54:13 am »
I can say this is possible because I've done it several times before. Why your's isn't working I'can't say.
Happy to help
:)

Evgeny Florov

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: "Master Doc" - "Package" - "Model Doc"
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 05:23:40 pm »
I can say this is possible because I've done it several times before. Why your's isn't working I'can't say.

Clearly, thanks.
I will test once again if it doesn't turn out I will report in "Bugs and Issues".

skiwi

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
Re: "Master Doc" - "Package" -
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 01:23:32 pm »
Master Docs consist of Model docs, Model docs apply one format to the one or more packages in the model doc (as specified by the RTFTemplate tag).
To achieve what you want would require separate templates for each document level (e.g. 1, 2.3, 3.2.1).
Every model document must have at least one package. To achieve what you want with "no package" create a package (e.g. named Excluded) and use document options to exclude the package from documentation and use that package in the model document.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 01:24:06 pm by skiwi »
Orthogonality rules
Using EA14.0 (1422) on Windows 10 Enterprise/64 bit. Repositories in SQLServer2014 R2 & Access2003/JET4.0