Author Topic: Automatic Horizontal Scrolling in Project Browser  (Read 4980 times)

davisr_uk

• EA User
    • View Profile
Automatic Horizontal Scrolling in Project Browser
« on: May 22, 2015, 08:37:50 pm »
Does anyone know how to turn this off and have a horizontal scroll bar instead? It is starting to infuriate me. I've looking in Tools->Options and can't find anything.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic Horizontal Scrolling in Project Brow
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 08:47:12 pm »
IIRC this has been asked by someone else lately. Seems one of the EA developers had too much spare time >:(

q.

davisr_uk

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 09:04:13 pm »
I did a forum search but didn't come up with anything. Surely I can't be the only one that thinks this is an abysmal part of the UI?

I can solve it by putting the project browser on the left but I prefer it on the right!

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 10:05:59 pm »
I think there are some themes/visual styles that don't use the horizontal scrolling. There was definitely a discussion about that in the forum, but it might be hard locating it.

I found it weird at first as well, but now I'm getting used to it. So much even that I started to miss it when going back to an earlier version.

Geert

davisr_uk

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 10:28:25 pm »
Thanks Geert, I will try a different theme. My earlier thoughts about moving the window to the left side were incorrect anyway - it still does it.

I'm wondering if my machine is fast enough for this behaviour. There is a noticeable lag between the movement of my cursor and movement of the window "view". By the time the view starts moving I've got fed up of waiting and moved my cursor.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 01:40:45 am »
As we are in this area: any way to turn off that nasty "Start" tab on the right side?

q.

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 09:07:26 am »
Different themes re-enable the horizontal scroll bar. I don't think there's anything about the auto h-scroll.

As we are in this area: any way to turn off that nasty "Start" tab on the right side?

Hover over it
Right click on the header
Click Auto-hide (to remove the option)
Right click on the header (again)
Click hide

PS. Please don't comment on the useability/consistency/whatever of that. I'm just helping you.

Eve

support@sparxsystems.com

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 06:51:32 pm »
Thank you :). And  :-X

q.

davisr_uk

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 08:49:51 pm »
Different themes re-enable the horizontal scroll bar. I don't think there's anything about the auto h-scroll.

For those who are wondering - Visual Studio 2010 is one of the styles that  turns on the horizontal scroll bars although you still get the auto horizontal scroll effect.

Shegit Brahm

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic Horizontal Scrolling in Project Browser
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 02:43:22 am »
The already discussed thread is this one http://sparxsystems.com/forums/smf/index.php/topic,10955.msg148672.html.
I missed it too, found this thread and was glad to change. Now my EA looks old (Office XP), but works. Because I don't have a mouse with "sidekick" and these auto-scroll feature still annoys me.