Author Topic: Keep diagram and caption on the same page in RTF  (Read 6931 times)

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: Keep diagram and caption on the same page in R
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 01:28:19 pm »
Is the caption active in the document? I mean, have you set things up so that document references react to/capture the caption number and text, or the caption number automatically updates if diagrams are added or deleted? If not, you could use a Text element to put the caption number and text on the diagram itself, so that it is part of the diagram and stays with (in) it whatever resizing occurs.
Yes it is. Because we use a unique style for the captions we can use that to create a table of figures in Word.

Geert

Sunshine

• EA User
  • Its the results that count
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 06:58:17 am »
Recently came across this problem again myself. I tried this technique and it worked. Put a boundary on the diagram and colour it white then change the size so it  fits on the page with the caption. You can't see the boundary as its white and it lets you control the diagram size thus controlling how it fits on the page of a generated document.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 06:58:47 am by phenzell »
Happy to help
:)

skiwi

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 10:42:11 am »
Orthogonality rules
Using EA14.0 (1422) on Windows 10 Enterprise/64 bit. Repositories in SQLServer2014 R2 & Access2003/JET4.0