Author Topic: Drag and drop copy  (Read 1284 times)

Tjerk

• EA User
    • View Profile
Drag and drop copy
« on: April 10, 2003, 02:13:51 am »
Hi Sparx,

I would like the possibility in the projectbrowser to use drag and drop (while pressing Ctrl key) for copying elements (e.g. attributes). This is currently supported when dragging e.g. attributes from one class in the projectbrowser to another class in a view. But intuitivly ( :-/) I, and other users with me, would like to use the Windows kind of copy also.

Greetings,
Tjerk

EmmaN

• EA User
  • Sparx Support
    • View Profile
Re: Drag and drop copy
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2003, 11:14:11 pm »
Hi Tjerk

You're wish has been granted! Check out Build 610...

;)

Tjerk

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 02:25:48 am »
Hi Emma,

Thanks for granting my wish  :). But, my wish is somewhat different than implemented in build 610! I want to be able to drag and drop copy items in the projectbrowser, not to a diagram  :-/! Might also be appropriate to be able to use Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V in the projectbrowser the same way.

I'm not sure I need the newly implemented feature, two out of three options where already available using the Ctrl key and the third one? I don't think I will be using that one. I hope others will.

Greetings,
Tjerk
« Last Edit: May 05, 2003, 03:20:59 am by Tjerk »

simon_IX66

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2003, 07:07:10 am »
In a brief evaluation of EA, I found myself wanting to duplicate elements of a diagram by dragging on an existing element on the canvas with the control key held down, in order to create a new copy of the element. Unfortunately all this seems to do is de-select the original element. I'd really love this functionaility -it speeds up the drawing process immensly.