Author Topic: Request: Relationship matrix useability  (Read 1595 times)

Tjerk

• EA User
    • View Profile
Request: Relationship matrix useability
« on: October 09, 2003, 05:06:10 am »
Hi Sparx,

I'm starting to use the Relationship matrix more and more, but the useability of this matrix is very poor. The following enhancements would lighten my job severly:

• When rightclicking a cell and selecting "Create new relationship", the relation is added for the selected cell, which might differ from the cell on which is right-clicked; Same applies to Delete Relationship (even 3 clicks, confirm needed); Solution: make the right-clicked cell the selected cell;
  • Adding and deleting a relationship is two clicks away, which is not effective when a lot of relationships need to be inserted; Solution: use the spacebar to toggle a relation on and off;
  • Before I insert a relation, I want to see the properties of the source or target of the selected cell, this is now only possible when a relationship is made; Solution: enable the Show Source/Target Properties menuitems when no relationship is available, use the column/row items to resolve the source/target;
  • Sorting is possible using alphabetic order or no order; I would like the have an axis ordered based on project hierarcy;

Keep up the good work on EA, it still is an excellent product and I cannot even keep up with the new features to try them out  ;);

Greetings,
Tjerk
« Last Edit: October 09, 2003, 05:10:34 am by Tjerk »

sargasso

• EA Practitioner
  • 10 COMFROM 30; 20 HALT; 30 ONSUB(50,90,10)
    • View Profile
Re: Request: Relationship matrix useability
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 05:50:57 pm »
I've never noticed the first, now I have I agree.
Second point, I agree
Third point, I agree

In addition, I would like to see the ability to toggle the display between "show all elements" and "show only elements with relationships".  When tracing relationships across multiple levels there is often hundreds of elements in each direction - many of which are of no interest if they have no active relationships.
"It is not so expressed, but what of that?
'Twere good you do so much for charity."

Oh I forgot, we aren't doing him are we.

Rob_M

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2003, 06:28:24 pm »
And although this has already been stated, it is a feature that I think multilple people would like to see and that is the ability reduce the selection by matching on stereotype.

Bruno.Cossi

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 10:16:24 pm »
I would like to be able to easily select multiple cells (e.g. whole row of them) and create relationships for each of them at once... I can do it now, but it gets very time consuming.
http://wiki.eausergroup.org - WIKI for all things EA