Author Topic: How to create a new item in the word substitution  (Read 1842 times)

Ortega

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
How to create a new item in the word substitution
« on: February 13, 2010, 01:46:36 am »
Hello, I want to add a new item, butthere is'nt a button create. I have tried by exporting the xml file, add the item, and import the xml file. But it doesnt appear in the list .... Can you help me ?
alain

RoyC

• EA Administrator
  • EA Practitioner
  • Read The Help!
    • View Profile
Re: How to create a new item in the word substitut
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 10:18:39 am »
I'm not sure I understand the question fully, but it seems to me that you are on the Word Substitution tab of the Generate RTF Documentation dialog, and you want to add a new word to the English column.

I don't believe you can do that on this dialog. The English column lists words hard coded in and used by Enterprise Architect. You double-click on the Substitute column to define a word to be displayed in the report whenever the internal English term is encountered.

Perhaps you could tell us exactly what word you want to enter and when you want that word to be shown in the report, so that we can advise on how you can do what you want to do.
Best Regards, Roy

michielper

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: How to create a new item in the word substitution
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 10:18:29 pm »
I have the same question. I want to be able to substitute more words, such as Goal and Principle. I find it peculiar that the list seems to be totally fixed.

Michel Gibelli

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: How to create a new item in the word substitution
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 05:58:37 pm »
Hello,

I would also like to be able to add new word substitutions in the default list.

In the current list, a number of words are not present.
For example, many of the dropdown list values  (eg. easy, medium, difficult, alternate, exception, system, user, proposed, ...)

Luckily, some of the terms are identical in french and english (like version, pre-condition and some other) !  :D
But sometimes, the words have a similar spelling, but have different meanings in french and english, which is very confusing for the readers of the generated documents.
It is probably different for other languages

Best regards
Michel