Author Topic: BUG: Soap / WSDL Headers  (Read 3868 times)

david.bowman

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
BUG: Soap / WSDL Headers
« on: October 06, 2006, 02:52:52 am »
Hi,

I'm trying to use enterprise architect to generate WSDL with a soap header component, which has thrown up a number of issues.

First - there's no documentation on the soapHeader tag which really doesn't help.

Second - since the soap header element is only supported through a tag, I've to date been unable to force EA to generate the appropriate message element in the WSDL to which the soapHeader tag refers. This I would see as a major bug in the WSDL support. The message exists, it just doesn't make it into the generated WSDL - presumably because it isn't directly supported.

This is really really hurting us right now - is there any hope of getting a fix, or some indication of a workaround?

Thanks,

D
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 04:32:55 am by david.bowman »

VK

• EA Administrator
  • EA User
    • View Profile
Re: BUG: Soap / WSDL Headers
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 11:44:07 pm »
Hello David,

The "Header" text-box in the "WSDL Binding Parameter Details" dialog is used to store SOAP and HTTP header information for the <input> and <output> elements of a binding operation.

Refer to the following diagram which shows a snapshot of a sample WSDL binding:

The contents of the <soap:header> elements go as-it-is into the "Header" text-box.
Upon WSDL generation, EA will just copy the contents of this text-box to the output.

david.bowman

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 03:45:45 am »
Hi,

I'm doing that already - although it seems a little clunky. The problem is that the soap header message doesn't appear in the WSDL even if it is referred to by the soapHeader tag.

For some reason, EA seems to ignore the message - I presume because there isn't a direct reference to it. As such it doesn't appear in the output.

D.

VK

• EA Administrator
  • EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 04:01:29 pm »
Try sending-in a sample EAP file replicating your problem to Sparx Support (support@sparxsystems.com.au ). We should be able to tell you why the WSDL Generator is ignoring the contents of the "Header" field.

david.bowman

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 04:21:03 am »
Hi,

Thanks for the response, just to be clear it's not the header element as described above that isn't appearing in the resulting WSDL, it's the actual message part to which the header refers that doesn't get generated.

I'll send along a sample.

D.

integragreg

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 10:37:35 pm »
Did anyone ever get this to work? I too need to generate SOAP headers in a WSDL output file.

I'm using version 7.5.847, and the issue is still there. The SOAP headers are not generated even though I put the information in header space.
Cheers,

Greg

sandeep.abhyankar

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 06:38:45 pm »
All , i'm currently using the 12.1 version and still facing the problem of adding headers in the WSDL .

Please let me know if this has been resolved.