Author Topic: Non-transparent background for composite diagram?  (Read 1206 times)

fwoolz

• EA User
  • We have met the enemy, and he is us.<Pogo, 1970>
    • View Profile
Non-transparent background for composite diagram?
« on: June 04, 2010, 01:04:28 pm »
Does anyone know if there is a way to set the background of a composite diagram (i.e. a composite element with "show composite diagram" selected) to something other than transparent? I have some interface diagrams (hybrid SysML + UML) where the element with the "focus" is shown as a verrrrry tall composite diagram (in order to show all its interfaces to other model elements while also providing a "white box" view) on a diagram with a matrix background, and it's all too easy to lose track of what's an element border and what's a row divider, even with the element border width increased for emphasis. And, it's all too easy to craft run-on sentences in order to describe this particular conundrum!

Cheers,
Fred W
Fred Woolsey
Interfleet Technology Inc.

Always be ready to laugh at yourself; that way, you beat everyone else to the punch.

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
Re: Non-transparent background for composite diagr
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 09:46:47 am »
Only the standard "trick" for creating a "dirty great border element" and setting its Fill colour and sending to back...

I presume that works with the rendering in the parent diagram...

HTH,
Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

fwoolz

• EA User
  • We have met the enemy, and he is us.<Pogo, 1970>
    • View Profile
Re: Non-transparent background for composite diagr
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 11:05:02 am »
Klunky, but worth a try... thanks, Paolo!
Fred Woolsey
Interfleet Technology Inc.

Always be ready to laugh at yourself; that way, you beat everyone else to the punch.