Author Topic: Usage of document Meta Data in document templates  (Read 1751 times)

PeterHeintz

• EA User
    • View Profile
Usage of document Meta Data in document templates
« on: February 27, 2016, 04:27:12 am »
I work in an environment where nice pretty and formal documents are required.

These documents need some meta data (project name, project number, document number,.). These data is either project specific or document specific and must go to the cover page or header/footer.
All my project specific data I put in Project Constants. When defining document templates I can use those constants on cover page or header and footer (all fine).

The problem I have is with the document specific data. This data I could hold as tagged values in a package. But I find no way how to access those tagged values because I need to be in the package or I would need a custom query, but none of both I can use in cover page nor in header/footer.
Any idea?
Best regards,

Peter Heintz

Glassboy

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
Re: Usage of document Meta Data in document templates
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 06:58:35 am »
You can have a class element in your document package that you add the meta-data to and then include in your document generation.

RoyC

• EA Administrator
  • EA Practitioner
  • Read The Help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 09:15:23 am »
Best Regards, Roy

PeterHeintz

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 07:23:23 pm »
Hello RoyC,
these report constants I already use in my EA V12, but I need some further information like department name, document type, verifier,... These data I could put as tagged values to my document root package, but I have no way to access that data e.g. in headers, footers. Just a way to access tagged values as Report Constants would be a way to solve my problem.

Hello Glassboy,
I do not have a problem in where to put my meta data to, I have a problem in putting my meta data on cover pages or headers and footers. Do you have a way how I can put the meta data from the "class element" to a header, footer, cover page?
Best regards,

Peter Heintz