Author Topic: SysML: BDD ValueTypes shall allow to add SysML properties within a ValueType  (Read 1613 times)

PeterHeintz

• EA User
    • View Profile
According SysML 1.4 Chapter 8.3.2.4 ValueTypes may have its own properties and operations just as for a UML DataType.
Features to add properties under a ValueType on a diagram and in project browser shall be added.
Best regards,

Peter Heintz

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
I assume you're just referring to the page in the properties dialog that only exists for classes.

You can add attributes/properties and operations from the main menu, context menu or keyboard shortcuts (F9 and F10)
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com

PeterHeintz

• EA User
    • View Profile
No, I do not refer to that.
In SysML the properties of a Block are not implemented as UML attributes/properties in EA.

When I started with SysML in EA I was confused about that, but now I belief that you have chosen a different approach because of SysML properties can be nested to any depth.
The simplest way to add a property to a block is associating two blocks with a part association.

However this does not work if you want to have a property that is typed by a ValueType rather than a Block. And the only way to add a SysML property under a ValueType is creating a property anywhere and dragging and dropping it under a ValueType in Project Browser afterwards.
Depending on perspective, this could be called a missing feature but from my perspective this is a kind of bug. :'(
Best regards,

Peter Heintz