Author Topic: Diagram Styles - Deploy with MDG Package?  (Read 2417 times)

nweller

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Diagram Styles - Deploy with MDG Package?
« on: September 05, 2016, 11:32:00 pm »
I would like to create a number of different styles in an MDG package.  The idea being that if the user of the package creates a diagram and adds an object, they can then select one of my predefined styles from the Layout - Style dropdown.

How can I do this?

Thanks,
Neil

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: Diagram Styles - Deploy with MDG Package?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 12:50:45 am »
MDG does not deal with styles but rather with stereotyped elements. Maybe you can elaborate what you mean with "style".

q.

nweller

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 01:57:18 am »
In the diagram profile and toolbox profile you can add the stereotypes that you want to use on a diagram.  You can also obviously use shape script to make the objects that you drop on the diagrams look in a certain way.

However, you can leave the shape script alone and just drop the objects onto the diagram with the default style.  In EA there is a dropdown where you can select an object and apply a style (in 13 it is in the drop down under Layout - Style in the ribbon).  In there you can create custom styles that are for the model.

My question is, those custom styles, can they be created as part of an MDG package?  I would like there to be a list of styles that I have defined that are available to the users.

Does that make sense?

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 02:38:54 am »
I can't judge if that makes sense (for you) but as said: MDG is not (yet) to apply styles. You might request that as a new feature.

q.

Glassboy

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 07:36:01 am »
My question is, those custom styles, can they be created as part of an MDG package?  I would like there to be a list of styles that I have defined that are available to the users.

I seem to recall a Sparxian saying these were somewhere in %APPDATA% so I'm guessing no.