Author Topic: How To: Recursive publish to HTML based on key 'landing page' diagram?  (Read 464 times)

matthew.james

• EA User
  • Am I supposed to say something here ... ?
    • View Profile
I'd like to achieve the following with HTML publishing:
- Choose a 'navigation' landing page, e.g. using NavigationCell elements
- Publish to HTML with that page as the landing page
- Recursively include all diagrams linked to from that diagram (and any linked to those diagrams etc), with HTML navigation from the landing page to the linked diagram
- Recursively include details of all elements referenced on those diagrams, again with HTML navigation from diagrams
- Include only the linked and referenced diagrams and elements, not all elements and diagrams from all packages
- Include these Irrespective of what packages any of the diagrams and elements may be in (obviously within the same model)
- Ideally have stylistic and content control on what element attributes are included

This would seem to be a fairly common requirement so I'm sure there must be a way to achieve this.  However everything I can find seems to be package based.
Any hints or advice appreciated

peterc

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: How To: Recursive publish to HTML based on key 'landing page' diagram?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 05:11:53 pm »
The first two bullets can be achieved by setting the desired landing page as the "model default" (EA 14 - Layout - Diagram - Manage - Set as Model Default), which will set the first page opened (both as the EA model and the HTML start page). Although looking at the Publish as HTML dialog, you can actually choose the default HTML diagram from the model default, current diagram or choose a specific diagram.

I can't answer the rest of your request as all I am aware of is the Publish as HTML which is package based as you seem to be aware.

The only option I can think of would be to arrange your packages to include only the diagrams and packages that you want to publish under one specific package, but that may not be practical/result in more confusion within the model.