Author Topic: ArchiMate 3 Aggregation relation not showing correctly  (Read 687 times)

ducatiross

• EA User
    • View Profile
ArchiMate 3 Aggregation relation not showing correctly
« on: May 16, 2018, 09:16:27 pm »
Hi All,

I experienced this issue yesterday and searched the forum for related issues. This post came up from a year or two ago :-
http://sparxsystems.com/forums/smf/index.php/topic,38290.msg

I followed the steps and found the stereotype that was causing the problem. I could not delete the row from the t_stereotype table directly from EA, so I started my SQL Server Management Studio software, logged in to the database and deleted the row from the table.

Then I logged out of EA and restarted it. And yes, I could now draw Aggregation relations correctly. Hooray !

However, I wanted to know if this bug (inadvertently creating a stereotype relation with same name as that in an MDG, causing the MDG version not to work) had been addressed (apparently not by my experience) and if it still persisted in v.14 ?

thanks

Matthew

Nizam

• Prolab Moderator
  • EA User
  • Model Sharing - Simplified
    • View Profile
    • Professional Model Collaboration
Re: ArchiMate 3 Aggregation relation not showing correctly
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 09:21:23 am »
We end up with this more often than needed. But EA's way to handle free stereotypes (not associated with any Technology) causes an entry to be added in local model for anything that EA identifies as a mismatch to the list of available MDGs
As a routine check, the first thing in resolving any anomaly is to remove these auto-created local stereotypes.

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 10:01:08 am »
We end up with this more often than needed. But EA's way to handle free stereotypes (not associated with any Technology) causes an entry to be added in local model for anything that EA identifies as a mismatch to the list of available MDGs
As a routine check, the first thing in resolving any anomaly is to remove these auto-created local stereotypes.
As part of our "overnight" processing of our corporate repository, we have a background SQL query to find and remove those "local" stereotypes.

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

ducatiross

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 01:48:50 am »
So, the bug is not fixed yet then !

I've no idea how my 'extra' stereotyped relation was created and it seems a total faff for customers to have to write their own overnight jobs to check for this.

@SimonM - any comment from Sparx on this ?