Author Topic: How to hide {abstract} annotation?  (Read 813 times)

mmo

• EA User
    • View Profile
How to hide {abstract} annotation?
« on: May 17, 2018, 05:52:27 pm »
I am using EA (v13) on two different systems. On one, when I open a class-diagram for some reason all (Java-)interfaces show an annotation "{abstract}" below the name. Of course interfaces ARE abstract, but this is redundant visual clutter, so I would like to hide this annotation. Where/how can I disable the display of these annotations (or whatever they might be called in EA) by default, i.e. for ALL diagrams.

Similar with the <<interface>> annotation above the name. Interfaces have already a different color, so no real need to display that, either. How/where do I adjust the visibility?

Sorry for asking these probably stupid questions, but since Sparx keeps moving toolbar items and settings menus around with each new version I have a harder and harder time finding things and navigating this beast. And the "help" is really none...

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: How to hide {abstract} annotation?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 06:01:57 pm »
Weird,

I've never seen this {abstract} annotation you are talking about.
When something is abstract in my models it simply shows the name as Italic

With regards to Ğinterfaceğ, you have the choice to either show the interface as lollipop, or in its rectangular shape including the Ğinterfaceğ keyword.

If you are not happy with that you'll have to talk tot he OMG as that is per the UML specs.

Geert

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 06:40:03 pm »
In he Diagram Properties/Element/Show Element Property String settings you can turn that on and off.

q.

Nabil

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • View My LinkedIn Profile Here
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 06:53:35 pm »

Ğinterfaceğ, you have the choice to either show the interface as lollipop, or in its rectangular shape including the Ğinterfaceğ keyword.
TO hide interface from an interface element right click on interface -> Advanced  -> Use Circle Notation can be used.

BR
Nabil
Nabil

Takeshi K

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 07:05:17 am »
Hi all,

I think that the 'Highlight {abstruct} elements' option in the Objects group, the Preferences dialog is to show/hide the {abstruct} string.

HTH,
--
t-kouno