Author Topic: Issue synchronizing replicas with the master EAP  (Read 1260 times)

skylord88

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Issue synchronizing replicas with the master EAP
« on: July 12, 2010, 07:21:41 pm »
When Syncronzing a replica with the master EAP File on a network drive i occasionaly get an File Sharing lock count exceeded (Error 3052) which is a JET Engine error as far as i found out.  The sugested workaround by Microsof (increas the registry key for the file sharing locks) does not help. Anyone ever experienced the same issue?

RoMe

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Issue synchronizing replicas with the master E
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 08:13:25 pm »
Yes, I can't synchronize replicas with large differences, even when I compact and repair the files before synchronisation!

Always Access Error: "File sharing lock count exceeded (Error 3052)"

The only way that worked for me is to remove replication in the master, import the changed package and to create a new replica. But this is not very handy in big projects!

hd

• EA Administrator
  • EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 08:37:12 am »

RoMe

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 05:52:30 pm »
Oh now it works!

The MS Workaround works only if you change the Jet Engine or choose the right Registry Entry for Jet 3.5!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 06:06:23 pm by rome »

edwards142

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Issue synchronizing replicas with the master EAP
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 05:04:16 pm »
 :-[When I ran Access, I got the error:
File sharing lock count exceeded.
The File sharing lock count exceeded error went away when I changed :'(

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\Jet 4.0\MaxLocksPerFile from 9500 to 95000. :-\

solution: 8)

At that time I have tried this manual steps to resolve this issue:
1.   Press Windows Key + Rtogether this will open the run window.
2.   Type regedit in Run window and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.

Navigate Here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\x.0\Access Connectivity Engine\Engines\ACE (if you’re 32-bit Windows edition)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\x.0\Access Connectivity Engine\Engines\ACE (if you’re 64-bit Windows edition)
Substitute the placeholder x.0 with 15.0 for Outlook 2013, 14.0 for Outlook 2010, 12.0 for Outlook 2007, and 11.0 for Outlook 2003.

3. In right pane of the registry location, search for the MaxLocksPerFile named registry DWORD (REG_DWORD) whose default value is the main cause of this issue. the default value here is 9500 in decimal base, so make a double tap on the same DWORD to get this:
4. Now in the Edit DWORD Valuebox, increase the Value data from default one to your requirement. Set it to 15000. But make sure the selected base is the Decimal one and click OK.
5. After then close the Registry Editor and restart Windows/File Explorer to see the changes. Now try the file sharing simultaneously and this time you won’t face any issue.

This will surely resolve your issue. but if it won’t then try out the other fixes mentioned here:
http://www.accessrepairnrecovery.com/blog/fix-access-file-sharing-lock-count-exceeded-error :o  ;)