Author Topic: Sparx 14: MDG not visible in Resources window though it is activated  (Read 775 times)

adepreter

• EA User
    • View Profile
Our MDG that was built and deployed with version 13.5 was deployed in our shared SQL Server repository.

After upgrading to Sparx 14 and opening that repository, the MDG is not visible in the resources window though it is activated.
Same problem with all of our other test repositories in Access and in SQL Server.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 06:45:27 pm by adepreter »

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: Sparx 14: MDG not visible in Resources window though it is activated
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 06:27:52 pm »
You don't happen to have a file reference to the same MDG?
I think I remember seeing something similar, which went away when I removed the file reference to the same MDG.

Geert

adepreter

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 07:06:24 pm »
No, I don't have any reference to an MDG file.

Even if I remove the MDG, regenerate the MDG using Sparx 14 and import it, I still can't see the MDG in the resources window.

NB:
Using the "Technologies / Manage" option, there is a button '"Remove" that is activated for our technology.
And from Resources Window I can still import the MDG => It gets imported and activated, but it is still not visible in the Resources window.
For checking the existence of the MDG in the database: SELECT * FROM t_document where DocType = 'TECHNOLOGY' and DocName ='TechnologyName'

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 07:15:29 pm »
Then I'm all out of ideas.  :-\

I just tested it and the MDG's imported into my model are visible in the resources view in v14.

I'm guessing there must be something specific about your MDG that is not working with v14 then.

Geert

adepreter

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 07:31:05 pm »
That is anyway very useful information Geert. Thank you  :)

Since it is working with your MDG, I will try to figure out what makes mine invisible in the Resources window (Though it might be hard to find out because the MDG is quite large)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 07:39:58 pm by adepreter »

adepreter

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 11:36:11 pm »
What I could figure out is that the problem comes from legacy content in the ...AppData/Roaming/Sparx Systems folder.
Now the problem is in the hands of the Sparx team.

mgrube

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 02:24:19 am »
I had the same issue. I worked through all the files in AppData/Roaming/Sparx Systems and determined it was UserTechnologySet.xml that was causing the problem.

Aaron B

• EA Administrator
  • EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 11:15:46 am »
The problem is that you have a Perspective applied, which was unfortunately hiding your custom MDG Technology from the Resources window. This is a known issue which we hope to correct in a future build.

Try clearing your current perspective (Click "Perspectives" in the top-right corner of the EA window, then select Manage > Show All Perspectives) and then reload your model.

The "UserTechnologySet.xml" file that you mentioned is where this setting is persisted, so deleting that file also clears the current perspective setting.