Author Topic: Project Menu lost  (Read 762 times)

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Project Menu lost
« on: June 20, 2018, 08:22:17 pm »
I'm currently playing around with using EA over wine which works ok. However, I had an issue with the main menu which hovered to a separate window and somehow the Project menu was dragged out of it. I immediately re-installed EA12.1 (yes, I still use it) but the menu is still lost. I assume I have to clear the registry and/or the appdata for EA (comes to mind while typing this). Probably that will solve the issue, but is there a way to recover a lost menu item the "normal way"?

q.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: Project Menu lost
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 08:35:44 pm »
Clearing the registry (/reinstall) restored it. Anyhow, how to recover a lost menu item? That scary working set stuff did not seem to be of help here.

q.

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 09:18:42 am »
Can't remember where the Customize option is in 12.1, but if you reset the menu in that dialog it *should* fix it if I've understood your problem properly. Customize would also be the only way I can think of to remove a top-level menu.
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com

Nizam

• Prolab Moderator
  • EA User
  • Model Sharing - Simplified
    • View Profile
    • Professional Model Collaboration
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 12:02:54 pm »
I've seen these anomalies to be restored when I apply a different workspace layout. and / or enable all menu sets .

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 05:40:14 pm »
Thanks both. I tried the menu sets (IIRC) but it did not seem to help. I'd guess that loosing the menu in first place has to do with some weird behavior of the mouse/keyboard in wine which I probably can avoid in the future. I meanwhile have seem (Java) programs that behave *really* weird there.

q.