Author Topic: How to setup a toolbox with predefined objects for BPMN ?  (Read 736 times)

Arnout Symoens

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
How to setup a toolbox with predefined objects for BPMN ?
« on: June 25, 2018, 11:41:22 pm »
Hi,

Our BPM team has set up what objects/legend they will use for the BPMN notation, including coloring etc.

To simplify this I created a template diagram, containing the required BPMN objects with the right coloring.
This seems to work as new objects are dragged from the toolbox, they get the template coloring.

In addition, when required, additional tags were added to show the correct icon legends (exclusive gateway,activities (mauel,service,message,...), dataobjects with input and ouput,....) to
have an out of the box library of elements for easy use.

What I now would like to do (if it can be done), is to have :
- A new toolbox palette containing all these objects for easy dragging to any new BPMN diagram in the project
or
- Replace the default toolbox palette with this predefined set of objects to be used with any BPMN diagram.

Is this possible, and if so, how would I go about or can I find more information ?

Thanks !
Arnout

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: How to setup a toolbox with predefined objects for BPMN ?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 11:46:53 pm »
You probably need to create your own MDG which extends BPMN. This way you can create your own toolbox. But at the price that they work only on your BPMN diagram extensions. It's probably possible to modify the original BPMN MDG. That again only on XML level since you can not RE them to have EA working on the underlying profile.

q.