Author Topic: EA under WINE and using SVN  (Read 771 times)

purplecat7

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
EA under WINE and using SVN
« on: April 18, 2018, 03:05:28 am »
We're several days into trying to get EA's (13.5) configuration control working with SVN (Tortoise 1.9.7 64 bit version) under Wine 3.0 (64 bit) on a Xubuntu 16.04.3 Oracle VM.

Wine, EA and Tortoise all install without error.
We have a server with svn: protocol running.

Caveat--- this may be an SVN problem entirely but we're seeing it because of trying to use EA and we're hoping others may also have experienced it and found out how to fix it.

Problem 1:
(this error is not EA's but may be pertinent...)
Running the following from the terminal creates an empty directory structure:

wine svn checkout "http://<ip>:<port>/svn/EntArch" "C:\workspace\SVN_working_copy" --username <name> --password <pwd>

Running the following as suggested by https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1711885/svn-file-in-working-copy-seems-lost...

wine svn update --revision HEAD --set-depth infinity

Gives this error:

00d3:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
00d3:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
Updating '.':
00d3:fixme:file:SetFileInformationByHandle 0x5c, 3, 0x373768, 216
svn: E720120: Can't move 'C:\workspace\SVN_working_copy\.svn\tmp\svn-A6C608D2' to 'C:\workspace\SVN_working_copy\.svn\pristine\f3\f3b2a1aad5f7001a7d76f2e2ad643bc9a5c15efa.svn-base': Call not implemented.

Problem 2:
From EA, using the Version Control Settings dialogue, we are able to hook up to the working copy path and point to the Subversion exe path.
Ignoring the fact that the xml files I want are missing (see above), I try to control a new package and check it in... this gives...

svn: E720120: Commit failed: Can't move 'C:\workspace\SVN_working_copy\.svn\tmp\svn-DC1EA16A' to 'C:\workspace\SVN_working_copy\.svn\pristine\<long hex id>.svn-base': Call not implemented.

which has a striking resemblance to the previous problem.

Any pointers gratefully received.
We have already been all over the internet for help.  ::)
Been using EA 20 years, love it :)

svoby1

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: EA under WINE and using SVN
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 07:03:49 pm »
Hello purplecat7,

I have the same error (svn: E720120 Cant move... Call not implemented) in EA under WINE (Mac OS). Did you figure it out how to solve it? Thank you.