Author Topic: Reference Errors for Action Pins  (Read 221 times)

roar

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Reference Errors for Action Pins
« on: October 02, 2018, 10:00:04 pm »
The lifecycles of activity pins in simulations do not seem to be consistent.

The example below demonstrates a few scenarios. The first is an object flow from a parameter node to an action pin. This results in a reference error, even though the parameter has a value throughout. Is it possible at all to connect Activity Parameter nodes to Action Pins?

The connection between Action1 and Action2 works fine, whereas the ValueSpecification connected again causes a reference error. Using the same pattern as with ValueSpecification, other actions such as ReadSelf and CreateObject works just fine. ValueSpecification is immediately dereferenced when called, whereas actions such as ReadSelf remain accessible after.

Am I missing something obvious here? I discovered by experimementing that differect actions have different behaviours in this context, but I can not find any reference material as to why this should be. Does anyone know where I can find proper documentation? The online help appears to cover only superficial features, and the example models do not use parameter nodes at all, and only occationally use very basic pins. Many examples work in other modelling tools, but without any documentation it is difficult to see if this is a tool issue or a UML issue.