Author Topic: [Help!] You may need to add a language macro for ; , ( ) { }  (Read 658 times)

Resistance

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
[Help!] You may need to add a language macro for ; , ( ) { }
« on: November 21, 2018, 09:15:16 pm »
I am trying to import my existing C++ code into a new model and keep getting errors of unexpected symbols.
when the error is related to words like name of classes and functions or variables it will be solved by adding it as new and it will not be shown in next importing procedure.
The main problem is about symbols like ; , ( ) { } and such them.
For instance one of errors is generated from code line like a "return nullptr;" which error dialog indicates symbol nullptr as unexpected.
In next step after adding nullptr as New, I get same error for symbol ; (and there will be no error for nullptr in next importing) but unfortunately when I click insert ; and click Add New button for it, the procedure shows new error that says: "there was an error parsing on line 1. Unexpected symbol: ; Would you like to add it anyway? " and while I click Yes button it show error of unexpected symbol for ; again and again with no effect.
In addition Sparx doesn't generate element for classes which produce aforementioned error and I am trying to solve this!!!
Note: Source code importation is done by selecting Create Package per Namespace in the import options.
I uploaded my screenshot here: https://i.stack.imgur.com/hWaHR.png
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:25:38 pm by Resistance »

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re: [Help!] You may need to add a language macro for ; , ( ) { }
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 10:48:50 am »
Start by removing the language macro for nullptr.

My guess is that it's failing because of the noexcept on your functions.

If I'm right, you should be able to get further by adding language macros noexcept and noexcept().

If you want to contact support, I expect we should be able to provide an MDG technology that adds that as a tagged value instead of skipping over it, as well as adding the support to a future version.
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com

Resistance

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: [Help!] You may need to add a language macro for ; , ( ) { }
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 04:37:33 pm »
Thanks so much Simon :) :)
this specific problem which is shown in picture has been solved by your golden tip for adding noexcept and noexcept() macros.
I have some similar problem and their picture would be uploaded as soon as possible and it will be appreciated if you help me again.
 :) :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 04:43:08 pm by Resistance »