Author Topic: How to change Child Document for InteractionOccurence?  (Read 70 times)

ngong

• EA User
    • View Profile
How to change Child Document for InteractionOccurence?
« on: December 06, 2018, 03:37:50 am »
In my model linked Child Diagram are wrongly bound to almost all InteractionOccurrence elements. Clicking on the InteractionOccurrence in the hosting InteractionOverview diagram brings me to the wrong diagram.
I do not know how that could ever happen, no one has changed it. Somehow the database has mixed up the links to Child Diagrams.

However, I would like to link the InteractionOccurence to the correct diagram. Usually I do so by right-clicking and selection New Child Diagram. That menu item is offered for other elements but for an InteractionOccurrence. I am also not able to find the Child Diagram link information in any of the properties, nor can I find a menu item in all the ribbons, nor can I find any description of InteractionOccurrence elements in the User Guide.

How can I change the Child Diagram that an InteractionOccurrence element is linked to?

p.s. I create InteractionOccurrence elements of InteractionOverview diagrams by dragging a SequenceDiagram to the InteractionOverview diagram, selecting Interaction Occurrence. I also place Requirement elements in the InteractionOverview to trace the intercations to their requirements. As there are links from an InteractionOccurrence to a lot of requirements, I am looking for a better way to have the correct Child Diagram than deleting the InteractionOccurrence an drag the SequenceDiagram newly to the InteractionOccurrence diagram.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 03:52:38 am by ngong »
Rolf

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: How to change Child Document for InteractionOccurence?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 08:06:18 am »
t_object.object_type == InteractionOccurence -> .PDATA == t_diagram.diagram_id

is the way to find it with an appropriate query. But the GUI doesn't have any handle for it. This. Is. EA.

q.

ngong

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: How to change Child Document for InteractionOccurence?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 11:13:51 pm »
Thank you for committing, that there is no interactive way to do so.
Rolf