Author Topic: MDG connector stereotyped relationship  (Read 142 times)

Mats Gejnevall

• EA User
    • View Profile
MDG connector stereotyped relationship
« on: February 13, 2019, 12:28:42 am »
When using the stereotyped relationship between two stereotyped elements in my MDG, it only shows up when I have disabled the Filter to toolbox. Must show up when I have the filter set as well!!

Cheers
Mats

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: MDG connector stereotyped relationship
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 01:12:28 am »
Hi Mats,

I had some issues with that as well, but in the end I believe I got it working, even with the "filter to toolbox"

Things to check
- is the mdg connector available in the active toolbox
- have you set the meaningForwards and meaningBackwards

Geert

Mats Gejnevall

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 01:31:48 am »
Thanks Geert

The of the main purposes of having quicklinks is that you do not need to have them in the Toolbox window. Is seems unnecessary to add them in two places. And it would then maybe trigger modellers to use Common Relationships which I do not want. And we cannot remove those!!!

I did not want to add the meaningForwards and meaningBackwards since I have a lot of stereotyped connectors to e.g. Association and Dependency. Then I would have to add many Metaclasses with the defined meaningForwards and meaningBackwards. And I only want them in one direction anyway for two reasons.
1. Ease of use and understanding
2. Only one entry in my relatedElement  shapescript (not sure what will happen with this if I add meaningForwards and meaningBackwards)

I tested the metarelationship way of specifying this and it had the same result. Only seen when Filter to toolbox is not set.

Mats

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 02:24:36 pm »
If you want your stereotyped connectors to show up when filter to toolbox is active, you need to add them to your toolbox.

If you're using the metamodel rules to define quicklinker rules instead of the spreadsheet, meaning forwards and meaning backwards allows you to create the connector in either direction. If you don't define it, you will only be able to create it in one direction. (Or if it's only valid in one direction you just get the connector type displayed in the menu)
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com