Author Topic: Using IDL in v14.1  (Read 3446 times)

ChuckZ

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Using IDL in v14.1
« on: February 14, 2019, 11:14:58 am »
I feel kinda goofy here ... in previous versions I would install the EACorba and I would get IDL as one of my language options. This allowed me to import IDL. For some reason I cannot even import IDL in v14.1. Can anyone help?

On the flip side, if someone could point me to how to generate IDL from a Data Model, it would be greatly appreciated
Thanks!
Where's your shame You've left us up to our necks in it - David Bowie (Hunky Dory 1971)
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

Arquesoft (Mauricio Moya)

• EA User
  • EA Consulting and development in Spanish
    • View Profile
    • Arquesoft website
Re: Using IDL in v14.1
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 01:13:12 am »
I really don't know the feature you are talking about, but, if you are sure it worked in previous versions, but now it doesn't work in version 14.1, I suggest to write to support@sparxystems.com and report the case. Maybe it is a bug and you will receive a faster feedback with Sparx.

Another suggestion: have both installers, and switch between them when you need to do this import. I usually switch between 3 different installer versions because of the version used by different clients and the compatibility of features.
-------------
Need email notifications in EA? fully-automated baselines? a simple way to share your models via web? A copy of all your model diagrams in a folder? visit https://latam.arquesoft.com/en

Guillaume

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
    • www.umlchannel.com
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 11:52:32 pm »
Hi

Reopening this thread, I can confirm that CORBA IDL Reverse engineering is not available with EA 15.1.
I installed CORBA MDG and ran the Import Source Directory; I expect IDL to be available in the Source Type list.

I did a test with EA 13 and it works.

Will report it as a bug to Sparx.
Guillaume

Blog: www.umlchannel.com | Free utilities addin: www.eautils.com

dzvernik

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 01:12:12 am »
Hi

Reopening this thread, I can confirm that CORBA IDL Reverse engineering is not available with EA 15.1.
I installed CORBA MDG and ran the Import Source Directory; I expect IDL to be available in the Source Type list.

I did a test with EA 13 and it works.

Will report it as a bug to Sparx.

@Guillaume do you have any answer on that one ?

Guillaume

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
    • www.umlchannel.com
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 08:33:00 pm »
Hi,
Sparx confirmed this was a bug.
As a workaround and in the meantime I'm using EA13 only for the IDL Corba reverse.
Guillaume

Blog: www.umlchannel.com | Free utilities addin: www.eautils.com