Author Topic: How to attach my BPMN process into pool?  (Read 376 times)

banidja

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
How to attach my BPMN process into pool?
« on: April 24, 2019, 01:06:40 am »
Hello,

I'm noobie in EA and BPMN 2.0 so currently I'm making my first diagram. In the middle of process I realized that need to have collaboration between 2 stakeholders. Now that I'm almost finished with one stakeholder I need to put all what I've done into one pool and send message to the other pool and induce the second part of the process...

Can I do it without erasing (or copying step by step) the process, simply drag and drop into the pool I dragged and dropped earlier?

Thank you  :D

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re: How to attach my BPMN process into pool?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 09:31:35 am »
If you've already modeled a single process I'd be:
  • Moving the diagram an all elements into a Business Process element. That is the element that allow referencing this process.
  • What other participants are there in this process? Add a pool for them (and let EA place it in a Collaboration model) Initially these will probably be black box meaning you're not attempting to define the process that participant is following
  • Look for any places where your process requires input or waits for another participant. Add a message flow and/or intermediate event into your process from the other pool
  • Repeat for any places in your process that you need to provide something to the other participant.
  • If you want to model the full process for one or more other participants I'd consider moving your diagram into a collaboration model and wrapping your starting process in a pool representing the process that contains all the elements

The result of that should be a comformant model that any BPMN tool can understand. The process and suggestions are based on my understanding of the BPMN specification and the way EA works to support that specification. I believe I know those two points reasonably well, but I'm not really a BPMN modeler. Actual BPMN modelers may have different opinions.
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com

banidja

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: How to attach my BPMN process into pool?
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 06:26:03 pm »
Hi Eve,

Thank you for the reply. I was notified today so I did not respond and show my gratitude earlier.
Best regards!