Author Topic: Project Browser Questions  (Read 136 times)

namealreadytaken

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Project Browser Questions
« on: March 18, 2019, 01:03:53 am »
Greetings,

In EA v.14 is it possible to change the Folder icon colour based on project browser structure? For example, the Parent folder icon is Blue > the Child folder icon is Beige.

Within our structure, certain root nodes are meant for internal use only (Sandbox, SOPs etc.). The other nodes are unit based, housing various business initiatives & will be available for viewing via the EA viewer.  How do I hide or lock the internal use root node from public viewing?

Thanks

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: Project Browser Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 06:11:50 pm »
You can't change package icons like that, and you can't hide packages (maybe you can with the row level security feature of Cloud Server Pro, I'm not sure)

But in this case you might want to either generate an HTML report of the model (excluding the parts you don't want to be seen) or provide a copy of the model without the internal node.

Geert

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 06:22:55 pm »
Greetings,

In EA v.14 is it possible to change the Folder icon colour based on project browser structure? For example, the Parent folder icon is Blue > the Child folder icon is Beige.

Within our structure, certain root nodes are meant for internal use only (Sandbox, SOPs etc.). The other nodes are unit based, housing various business initiatives & will be available for viewing via the EA viewer.  How do I hide or lock the internal use root node from public viewing?

Thanks
Assuming the colours you quote are meaningful and not just for artistic aestheticism, you can set a stereotype that would identify the colour to be used and use different icons for each stereotype.  We've done exactly that.  There some packages we don't want users to "tinker with" and they get a "nasty" icon to try and dissuade users.

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

namealreadytaken

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 11:27:55 pm »
Hi Paolo,

That's exactly what I am looking for.
I am an EA novice, can you point me in the right direction to implement the functionalilty.

Thanks

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 03:50:55 am »
Hi Paolo,

That's exactly what I am looking for.
I am an EA novice, can you point me in the right direction to implement the functionality.

Thanks
You'll need to investigate how to create/extend and MDG Technology.  Not for the faint-hearted.  As a novice, it may be "above your pay grade".  However, there are many excellent contractors available through the forum to help.

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!